Offender Crummey is being released from a minimum security facility next month and has been assigned to your caseload. Your group represents the offender’s treatment team upon release. Review the presentence investigation (PSI). As a team, research the community resources and programs available for this offender, and assess his home plan. Develop a detailed treatment plan with measurable goals and objectives. Remember that goals are broader and more long-term, while objectives are the smaller steps that clients take to meet the overall goal.
Write a paper of 4-6 pages that addresses the following:
- What areas does the offender need to address to be successful upon re-entry? Make sure that the goals you develop for him can be measured.
- What community resources and programs will you draw on for this offender?
- Is his home plan appropriate to ensure a successful re-entry? Identify any changes that you would require before approving it.
- Also, discuss how often you would require the offender to check in with you.
- How would you determine whether or not the offender is making progress on his goals and objectives?
- Identify the evolving core of case management functions in terms of focus, tools, and roles
- Identify knowledge and teamwork skills necessary to meet departmental and individual targets