Read the Hamilton case study by Murray. In a well-written paper, address the following paper segments:
Setting the Stage. In two concise paragraphs, describe the background to the case. What is happening here? What do the financials tell you? How did both Miranda and Hamilton use social media to drive success?
Problem statement. From a consumer behavior perspective, elaborate on the problem that is presented by Mirandaâ€™s leaving the musical, his voice on social media, and the official posts by Hamilton. Be sure to consider the implications for localized promotion as the traveling show starts and financials. Ultimately, what is the problem that needs to be solved? (1-2 paragraphs)
Analysis. In your analysis of this situation, consider the following:
- What specific social media tools did Hamilton and Miranda use? Given the target consumers, why did they use these?
- How important are people and personalities for social media effectiveness? Why?
- What financial influenceâ€”if anyâ€”did social media have on the show?
- Given the social media content, who are the consumers of this show? How might you describe their personality, lifestyle, values, income, gender, and so forth?
Recommendations. Given your description of the setting, problem statements, and analysis, recommend how Hamilton should move forward vis-Ã -vis social media and its consumers for the future.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4-5 pages in length.
- Be formatted according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
- Include at least three outside sources, preferably peer-reviewed journal articles, in addition to the case study. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources.