Please complete the following questions. It is important that you use full sentences and present the questions and answers when you submit your work.
Submit the work as a file attachment. This means you complete all work in a word processing document (e.g., Microsoft Word) and attach the file using the dropbox tool. Use the Unit 3: Text Questions dropbox.
The answers to the Text Questions are worth 10 points.
Unit 3 Text Questions
- What is an art critique?
- In an art critique, what is the â€œdescribeâ€ step? What is included in this step of the art critique?
- What is the â€œanalyzeâ€ step of an art critique? What would you include in this step?
- What is the â€œinterpretâ€ step of an art critique? What would you include in this step?
- What is the â€œevaluateâ€ step of an art critique? What would you include in this step?
Critical Thinking Questions
- Why are art critiques important? What benefit can we gain from them?
- Create your own art critique for The Raft of the Medusa.
- What elements or principles of art does the artist use in The Raft of the Medusa? Identify at least four elements or principles of art in the artwork and describe how they are used.
- How does context influence art critiques?
- What are some of the factors that can influence an art critique over time?
Please post questions and answers on the UNIT 3 discussion boards. Unless otherwise instructed, you should submit at least one full paragraph for each question.
Each discussion assignment is worth 5 points.