This assignment relay on Oman Cement Company in Sultanate of Oman. The Assignment should be Focus:
- Challenges facing directors, senior managers and entrepreneurs in guiding the long-term development of their organisations
- and this requires the ability to distinguish strategic thinking from operational issues.
- developing competitive strategies to meet the aims and objectives of the organisation and to meet the challenges presented by its competitive environment and in the light of the new digital landscape.
- select and use appropriate tools and frameworks
- draw upon current research to generate meaningful analysis and from this critically evaluate a range of strategic options is crucial to the development of strategy, and the development of this ability is central to the unit
1. conduct appropriate analysis of the strategic condition and position of an organisation.
2. use appropriate tools and frameworks to identify the potential strategic options available to an organisation.
3. conduct appropriate evaluation procedures to establish the suitability, feasibility and acceptability of potential options.
4. formulate strategies which ensure a fit between internal resources and external conditions for the achievement of long-term viability and competitive advantage.
1. Basic concepts and language of strategy
2. Business strategy
3. External environment
4. Internal environment
5. Strategic options
6. Evaluation of strategic options
- tools and frameworks of strategy to perform a meaningful analysis to generate coherent strategic options and choice.
- Select and apply a range of strategy tools, concepts and frameworks appropriate to analyse unstructured problems presented by the external and internal business environment.
Businesses operate in dynamic and competitive environments that require managers to develop the skills necessary in order to understand issues that are likely to be complex and unstructured. In addition, the need to differentiate requires the skilful design of strategy. This unit aims to extend your ability in active enquiry in order to develop your understanding of the tools and frameworks of strategy which are designed to enable you to make judgements about current and future scenarios and from this to develop realistic strategic options and justify your choice of action.
This unit aims to develop your ability to analyse complex situations, evaluate the success of companyâ€™s strategies and to make recommendations about the strategic options. In order to do this successfully you need to be able to apply both strategic thinking in order to assess the future impact of external developments. The ability to assess future scenarios and from these create realistic strategic options is a skill that managers will need to develop as markets and industries become ever more dynamic
The strategy process is fundamentally a collaborative one from which idea generation and analysis can be both interpretative and rigorous. This is an approach that is fundamental to the â€˜strategy conversationâ€™. In this unit you will work with colleagues in order to analyse evaluate and create. This process will be an essential part of the structured learning sessions and also as part of the assignment preparation.
Enterprise in this context is taken to mean developing the ability to critically analyse complex and often unstructured issues and through this analysis develop the ability to evaluate current strategies and generate and evaluate potential future strategies appropriate for the needs of the firm.
Is to produce a management report providing strategic solutions for an issue that you have identified and defined drawn from your own organisation or strategic business unit.
The solution(s) should be based on thorough analysis and should involve critical evaluation of a range of potential solutions. The emphasis must aim to achieve competitive advantage. The choice of the final strategic decision should be justified and evidenced. The solutions must not be descriptive of what the organisation is actually doing but analytical and proposing what it could and should do. This may be different to the actual decisions made by your organisation Which approach you take depends on the circumstances of your organisation.
ï‚· Adequately evaluate a range of strategic scenarios based on your analysis in order to develop some strategic options and to recommend and a preferred strategic option.
ï‚· Show some independence of thought in evaluating the usefulness of theory in practice applied to a live consultancy project or a simulated task of running a business, monitoring performance and adjusting decisions in the light of the success or failure in a competitive environment.
ï‚· Research, select and use a limited range of appropriate methods to develop a preferred strategic option and show the ability to justify the choice based on your analysis.
*** Words count = 4000 words.
*** In-Text Citations and References using Harvard style.
*** References should be at least 23 references.
*** Iâ€™ve uploaded attachments related to this assignment.