Sanil is an HR manager who is trying to ensure employee engagement is consistent throughout the company. He has talked to employees across departments and has noticed that those in the Sales group seem less satisfied with their managers. However, he wants to see if the data shows this as well.
He wants to know if there really is a difference in the ManagerSatisfaction between the Sales group and the other departments.
1. First, what is the mean ManagerSatisfaction for the Sales department?
2. What is the mean ManagerSatisfaction for the other departments?
3. What is the t-statistic for the difference of those means?
4. Is the difference in Manager Satisfaction between employees in the Sales department and the other departments significant?
a. Yes, the p-value <.001
b. Yes, the p-value <.01
c. Yes, the p-value <.05
5. Is the difference in Manager Satisfaction between employees in the Sales department and the other departments meaningful?