You are the CEO for a new retail company that you’ve recently launched. You’ve been studying Amazon and Wal-Mart and how they manage their supply chains, and are impressed by how successful both organizations have been with their supply chain management processes. Thus, you have decided to leverage best practices from both organizations to help shape your supply chain strategies.
You wish to start off your design plan by outlining your collaboration strategy. Collaboration is central to any good supply chain strategy. Today, organizations are selling off business units to provide more focus on core capabilities while attempting to create strategic partnerships with distributors, suppliers, transportation and warehousing companies, and other organizations that perform well at what they do. This collaborative approach to making, buying, and distributing goods and services has become the best way for companies to remain successful, and it is central to the practice of supply chain management.
This week for your design strategy project, in a minimum of 3 pages you will need to do the following:
- Provide a description and background on your new company. Don’t forget to include the company name and the products/services that the company provides.
- Discuss the types of teams and organizations that your company will need to collaborate with both internally and externally in order to be successful and why.
- How is this similar or different from Amazon and Wal-Mart?
- What role will teamwork, communication and trust play in your collaboration efforts? Why are these factors important?
- Discuss the steps that you will take to ensure that each team is providing a meaningful contribution to each task and is respectful of others who may be impacted within the supply chain?
- Make sure to write your paper utilizing proper APA formatting guidelines, and to include an APA formatted title page. NoodleBib is a great resource to help you to document your sources and to complete your APA formatted reference page and in-text citations.