reflection papers 4
This is TWO projects and need to be separated into such.
Course Project Part 1
For this assignment, identify a behavior modification you would like to establish through the utilization of a self-management program.
Clearly identify the target behavior or behaviors, and outline what aspects of the behavior or behaviors you would like to support or discourage. You could mention the struggles you have had with this target behavior in the past, challenges you might face while attempting to change the behavior, or other aspects.
Be sure to investigate ethical issues in settings used for research and treatment of this specific behavior modification.
You are encouraged to use media like pictures, graphs, and tables in your reflection paper.
Your reflection paper should be formatted in a more relaxed and narrative manner; however, remain professional and maintain your academic tone. The reflection paper must be at least two pages long and at least 500-600 words.
Your instructor will be grading your assignment according to the assignment rubric.
Course Project Part 2
Find a case study in the CSU Online Library that focuses on the target behavior you identified in Unit III for your course project. Next, analyze the methods that were applied to modify the target behavior and evaluate whether or not these methods would be useful in your own self-management project.
Be sure to address the following:
- Training goals: summarize ways to increase and decrease target behaviors using operant conditioning.
- Consequences: examine applications of reinforcers and punishments.
- Schedules of reinforcement: identify as continuous or intermittent (if intermittent, is the reinforcement based on a ratio or interval schedule?)
- What aspects of culture may impact the behavior that was identified in the case study?
- Were there any ethical boundaries that were crossed or mentioned in the case study? What might one consider (ethically) when conducting a case study such as the one you selected?
Your case study should be a minimum of two pages, not including the title and reference pages. You must use a minimum of three sources, which should be properly cited. All references should be formatted in APA style.
Textbook: Powell, R. A., Honey, P. L., & Symbaluk, D. G. (2017). Introduction to learning and behavior (5th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.