1. Read: “How Signs Work”
2. Pick a popular song, movie, or TV show and identify the symbols within it
3. Write a 100-200 word analysis of what is signifying and what is being signified
4. Make sure you use MLA Citation and Works Cited
For each of the following questions, please provide a short answer. Your answers should impress me with your critical thinking and the ability to creatively interpret a symbol.
- By short answer, I mean this can be one sentence answers or 50 sentences. I am looking for your ability to think critically, so show me what you can do.
Scenario: You are an artistic person who wants to design a creative project about monsters to demonstrate a social issue in current society.
1. Pick a movie, tv show, art project, or video game medium to produce your project
2. Decide what vampires or another monster will signify in your project?
3. What location(s) & what do the locations signify to your viewer?
4. What Weapons would your heroes use & what does that signify for your plot?
5. Who is your hero? Why?
6. Who would you cast in your project? Why?
7. What is the fortress of your project & what does that signify to your viewer?
8. What is the message of your project & what does that signify to your viewer?
9. Design a poster for your project with clearly shows signifiers & upload a picture Hint: this can be a stick figure drawing
2.Write a 200+ word answer to the following scenario:
Using the video & articles decide what type of leadership style would least like to see in a genetic modification lab & why do you think that it would NOT work. Please use two quotes from Frankenstein’s Cat to support your ideas.
1.Pick one ad or news report with a logical fallacy
2. Share the link, identify the fallacy that you have not previously posted about, and in a PIE paragraph of 200+ words explain why you think it depicts that fallacy.