For this option, you will write a paper presenting a complete procurement management process. The paper will be based on the procurement practices of an organization you have researched. The elements you must include are:
- Requirements – Planning the procurement
- Requisitions – Conducting the procurement
- Solicitations – Requesting seller response
- Awards – Selecting sellers
- Contracts, Incentives and Risks
- Quality and Closure
Your paper must have:
- An introduction. Use your introduction to summarize and define your topic, including a clear statement of the procurement goal.
- A discussion or body that must include:
- A discussion of the implications of proposed solutions for procurement and contracts.
- A discussion of how procurement works within project teams to facilitate the needs of projects.
- Your evaluation and conclusions regarding possible methods of managing or addressing the problem raised by your opinion on the issues (supported by research). Relate your paper to larger (broader) procurement and contract management issues as found in the course readings.
- Current, relevant research from at least six to eight credible sources. At least three references must be peer-reviewed, scholarly sources, and the rest may be trade or professional procurement management sources. Cite and reference all sources used.
- The paper is expected to provide a thoughtful analysis on the topic. You are encouraged to add your own opinions, but these should be carefully considered and supported by evidence or outside rationale.
- A conclusion.
Your paper should be eight to ten pages in length (not counting the cover and reference pages that you must include)