Select a segment of the hospitality industry, and a specific business within that segment.
Assume that you are a consultant hired by the major stakeholders of a business who desire a significant improvement in the leadership of their organization.
Develop a 700- to 1,050-word “training and staffing” plan for leaders to improve the quality of leadership within the business.
Address the following in your plan:
- Determine desired characteristics of effective leadership (i.e. characteristics that will both improve quality and better distinguish the business from its competitors).
- Develop (or modify) mission and vision statements for the business, and describe how leaders should support this mission and vision.
- Explain how the revised leadership focus will distinguish the business from its competitors.
- Create a change management plan to transition leadership from current business responsibilities and practices to the new leadership model.
- Describe principles of conflict management that can be used to assist leaders that have difficulty transitioning to the new leadership model.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.