One of the most important responsibilities of early childhood administrators is to ensure that childrenâ€™s nutrition, health, and safety needs are met. For this discussion, select one of the following nutrition, health, or safety concerns to research:
- Meal planning: A child who is on a gluten-free diet
- Playground safety: A child who repeatedly breaks the rules at the playground
- Immunizations: Parents who choose not to immunize their child
- Childhood obesity: Parents who send their overweight child to school with unhealthy snacks
- Food safety and sanitation: A food service worker at the center who doesnâ€™t use a hairnet or gloves
- Communicable disease prevention: A teacher who does not wash her hands after helping children in the bathroom
Describe two to three strategies to address this nutrition, health, or safety concern. Support your ideas with a reference to at least one outside source and be sure to cite that source. Your discussion post should be at least 200 words in length.