I need a revision for a document I upload….
Those are my teacher comments:
Feedback to Learner
This is a Legal / legislative / regulatory course. So when revising this assignment please make sure to include the actual laws. I see that you have started to include these, but how does all of this come together to affect patient care and nurses safety? You also need to have headings and subheadings that work to organize your thoughts.
APA format with headings and subheadings.
2-Political, legal and legislative factors
3-OSHAâ€™s Workplace Violence Prevention Guidelines
4-American Nursing Association (ANA)
5-Violence Preventive Measures
- Competency 1: Explain the effect of health care policies, legislation, and legal issues on health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- Identify the political, legal, and/or legislative factors that may contribute to violence in health care settings.
- Competency 2: Explain the effect of regulatory environments and controls on health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- Identify the main components of OSHA’s workplace violence prevention guidelines.
- Explain the American Nursing Association’s position on violence in the workplace.
- Explain safety policies and protocols for preventing and responding to violence against health care workers.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is consistent with expectations of nursing professionals.
- Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Correctly format citations and references using APA style.
Access the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have been either granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.
- Professional Issues Panel on Incivility, Bullying, and Workplace Violence. (2015). Incivility, bullying, and workplace violence [Position paper]. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/~49d6e3/globalassets/…
- United States Department of Labor, Occupational Health & Safety Administration. (n.d.). Workplace violence. Retrieved from https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/healthcarefacilities/vio…
- United States Department of Labor, Occupational Health and Safety Administration. (n.d.). Workplace violence prevention â€“ Health care and social service workers. Retrieved from https://www.osha.gov/dte/library/wp-violence/healt…
- AACN. (n.d.). Position statement: Workplace violence prevention. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.org/WD/Practice/Docs/Workplace_Vio…
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. (n.d.). Occupational violence. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/violence/training_…
- Liss, G. M. (2000). Violence in the health care workplace. CMAJ, 162(4). Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC123115…