Option #1: Customer Service Information System Implementation Options
The CIO of the company has asked you as IS Manager to investigate the implementation of a new information system dealing with the handling of customer service. The CIO hands you a very good and extensive list of User Requirements that has been designed through a long analysis process developed with the user areas and asks you to analyze and recommend one of the following implementation options:
- SaaS (cloud based, multi-tenant)
- Acquire a packaged, ready-made system from a vendor
- Develop the system internally with your own resources
- Any other implementation options.
You should write a report where the noted options are briefly described and analyzed, with a good list of advantages and disadvantages, and then include your well-detailed recommendation for implementation. The paper should have at least 900 words and have the following section subtitles (plus proper introduction and conclusion paragraphs):
- Summary of the proposal
- SaaS Option
- Packaged System Option
- Internal Development Option
- Other option(s) if you decide to include them
Include a title page and reference page. Make sure your paper follows APA style according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
As support for your analysis, use at least two CSU-Global Library resources and/or outside, credible academic sources other than the textbook, course materials, or other information provided as part of the course materials. (You may not use Wikipedia for any CSU-Global assignment.) For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
- Scholarly or peer-reviewed journal articles
- Newspaper articles
- Trade or industry journal articles, publications, or websites, including those from trade organizations. Consider CIO Magazine, the Harvard Business Review, Fortune, and similar solid sources.
Please be sure NOT to use direct quotations from sources and, instead, use paraphrasing or summarizing when needed.
Review the grading rubric, which can be found in the Module 1 folder.