Option #1 & #2: Building on Module 3â€™s Milestone
For this assignment, you will be capturing information that logically builds on the information from Module 3.
- Use the outline provided in Module 8: Portfolio Project to organize what you prepared in Module 3: Portfolio Milestone. Incorporate the information you provided in Module 3 and any additional text you have developed to this point. Feel free to use placeholders for the areas you will be writing about in Module 8: Portfolio Project.
- Add one additional, current (published in the most recent five years) scholarly source from the CSU-Global Library to the references you used in Module 3: Portfolio Milestone, and cite them all in your submission.
Outline for module 8
- Examine the project management issues in the case, including concerns about the project, timeline, uncertainties about meeting timelines, and consequences.
- Overview: In no more than one page, give an overview of the case and the project management issues to be covered in more detail in subsequent sections of the paper.
- Discuss, in a logical order, the following topics. (You must determine the logical order of these topics as this is part of your grade. See the grading rubric in this weekâ€™s folder.). Organize your work using the headings listed in the beginning of each bullet item:
- Challenges: Judge the challenges in managing a project such as this.
- Impact of variability: Identify the impact of variability on project completion time.
- Alternative strategies: Argue the alternative strategies to manage the project to meet client deadlines.
- Project schedule: Explain the expected time to finish the project, and develop a milestone schedule with all major milestones. Identify if and how the project can be completed in eighteen months. Identify three of the potential schedule-related risks.
- Implications of diversity/culture: Analyze the implications of diversity/culture. How these implications could change if the project was being managed in an international setting.
- Performance improvement and closure: Anticipate the consequences and recommend project management principles and tools including auditing tools important to improve project performance. In addition, specify the project closure techniques that can be used to properly close the project.