This assignment will be completed by each student.
The Vision for the Anderson College of Business is: Help business become stewards of society with the goal of improving the quality of life on earth. Imagine yourself a leader and a steward in your dream career opportunity.
Using Hamelâ€™s five elements of Stewardship, carefully consider each of the following:
- Fealty: A propensity to view the talents and treasure at oneâ€™s command as a trust rather than as the means for personal gain.
- Charity: A willingness to put the interests of others ahead of oneâ€™s own.
- Prudence: A commitment to safeguard the future even as one takes advantage of the present.
- Accountability: A sense of responsibility for the systemic consequences of oneâ€™s actions.
- Equity: A desire to ensure that rewards are distributed in a way that corresponds to contribution rather than power.
- For each element, state your â€œbedrock beliefâ€ about each concept. It is not necessary to agree with Hamel. The purpose is to map the authorâ€™s concepts of stewardship to your values or beliefs.
- Next, describe how you envision incorporating these stewardship principles in your organization. Describe where and how might you apply the concept. What lengths would you go to be a steward?
- Provide your definition of how business can or should be stewards of society.
Summarize your answers and thoughts in a 2-4-page (double-spaced) paper that is no longer than 4 pages. Site at least 3 references. The short length of the paper means you need to write and then edit your paper so it is succinct and focuses on key points.