By taking part in positive social change, the impact of an organization can extend not only to those who work for the organization, but also to society at large. Accountability and transparency can help an organization meet this opportunity, and there are many actions the HR department can take to help support a positive social change initiative.
In this Discussion, you will consider an aspect of positive social change that you would like to implement and discuss how an HR professional could contribute to making that initiative possible.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this weekâ€™s Learning Resources. Focus on how HR professionals can have the opportunity to effect positive social change in their organizations.
- Consider an organization with which you are familiar. Think about what types of positive social change initiatives you would want to lead within the organization and how implementing those initiatives could be achieved through the HR role. Additionally, consider the concepts of this course and how they could be applied to promote positive social change.
- Review the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses, provided in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources.
By Day 3
Post a 150- to 225-word (2- to 3-paragraph) explanation of how HR professionals can lead positive social change initiatives within an organization. In your explanation, do the following:
- Identify at least one type of positive social change initiative you would want to lead within an organization.
- Give two or three examples of how HR could lead the type of positive social change initiative you described.
- Describe at least one concept from this course about the role of HR that could be helpful in implementing the positive social change initiative you described.
- To support your response, be sure to reference at least one properly cited scholarly source