Health Promotion, Chronic and Acute Illness Paper
The purpose of this Assignment is for you to gain an understanding of health promotion, screening, diagnosis, and management of common womenâ€™s health acute and chronic illnesses and to compare and contrast common versus nontraditional treatment modalities.
- Select one acute and one chronic womenâ€™s health issue (e.g., urinary tract infection and osteoporosis).
- Selected one acute and one chronic womenâ€™s health issue; thoroughly described and outlined the issue and significance.
- Thoroughly outlined the health promotion, screening, diagnosis, management, patient education, and follow up of each problem including care across the lifespan for chronic illness.
- Thoroughly compared and contrasted traditional versus nontraditional treatment options
- Describe and outline the issue, prevalence, and significance.
- Describe health promotion and screening for each issue.
- Outline diagnostic tests or laboratories needed for each issue. Elaborate on what you would expect or anticipate in the diagnostic testing with each illness you choose.
- List and describe common treatment or management modalities for each issue.
- Discuss patient education and follow up that is needed for each issue.
- Identify health screening and promotion needs for women across the lifespan specific to the chronic illness.
- For each selected issue, compare and contrast traditional versus nontraditional treatment options.
- Examine how you would collaborate with other members of the health care team for best practice.
- Please save your paper in the following format: Lastname Course Assignment Number. Example: Henry MN576 Unit 9 Assignment
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.
- be 5-10 pages in length.