Research a publicized criminal fraud case and become familiar with the major facts involved. Identify the legal elements of the fraud. Discuss why this is a criminal fraud case. Assess the impact of the fraud in your researched case and any motivating factors and criminal opportunities that existed in the commission of the fraud.
Further, identify ways that a fraud investigator could add value to the following:
- the investigation
- legal follow-up
- implementation of controls to prevent similar problems from happening in the future
Evaluate the role of a fraud report and where it would be especially useful or necessary. Specifically reference the key components of the fraud report and what would be included in those sections.
Adhere to the following standards:
- The paper should be 4-5 pages in length, not counting the title or references pages, which must be included.
- Review the grading rubric, which can be accessed from the Course Information page.
- Be sure to follow the APA requirements
- The paper should include an introduction, a body with at least two fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Support your interpretation with evidence from the textbook and a minimum of two peer-reviewed journal articles, other than the articles from this module’s required readings. CITE EVERYTHING USE TO SUPPORT YOUR STATEMENT, provided ALL IN-TEXT CITATIONS (APA requirements AND USE CRITICAL THINKING WHEN ANALYZING*******
.Albrecht, W. S., Albrecht, C. O., Albrecht, C. C., & Zimbelman, M. F. (2015). Fraud examination. Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning. ISBN-13: 978 1305079144
Chapter 10 & 18
- Daigle, R. J., Hayes, D. C., & Morris, P. W. (2014). Helping Students Understand Occupational Fraud by Applying the ACFE Report to Daytime Television Talk Show Confessions. Issues In Accounting Education, 29(2), 319-330. doi:10.2308/iace-50545
- Nilsen, K. (2010). Keeping Fraud in the Cross Hairs. Journal Of Accountancy, 209(6), 20-24.