Your initial post should be a minimum of 100 words in length and is due by Sunday. By Tuesday, you should respond to two additional posts from your peers. If you have not done so lately, please review the Rules of Discussion.
While we will not be conducting research involving human subjects (e.g. surveys, interventions, experiments) in this course, we may incorporate information from experts and/or datasets.
This week we will discuss potential candidates for an expert interview and potential datasets to gather more information for our research. Consider your research topic and what you have already uncovered in your research process.
- List two experts (e.g. local or national) you might interview to get firsthand information for your research topic.
- Provide a brief overview of your expertâ€™s credentials and why you chose them.
- List two datasets (e.g. government or organization) you might use to get primary data information for your research topic.
- Provide a brief overview of the datasetâ€™s information and why you chose them.
- Do you feel an expert interview or dataset is the most feasible option for your research? Explain why?
In your follow up posts, respond to a minimum of two other students and provide constructive feedback on their topics. Did your classmate give you additional ideas for your research? Does your classmateâ€™s choice appear to be feasible? Do you have any additional recommendations for your classmateâ€™s research activities?
View your discussion rubric.