Evaluate the implications for operations management in organizations that operate internationally. For this assignment, you will select and assess the same type of product from two different firms, such as an SUV vehicle from Toyota, and BMW. (NOTE: You cannot use the automotive industry, so pick another industry that operates internationally.)
In a 6 page paper:
*defend the organizations’ production processes, customer interaction in those processes, if applicable, and the technologies used in production.
*Judge each organization’s commitment to quality and excellence, as well as the process used for measuring quality.
*Describe each of the selected organization’s inventory methodologies and model(s), and any areas for improvement.
*Describe each of the selected organization’s movements toward lean processes or Six Sigma, and how these impact the culture, efficiency, and success of each organization.
*Finally, compare and contrast each company’s production processes, customer interactions in those processes, and technologies used in production.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
– Be 6 pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
– Formatted according to APA writing guidelines.
– Be sure to use at least 3 current, scholarly references those published within the most recent five-year period and scholarly sources are those from peer-reviewed journals.
– Support your interpretation with evidence from the textbook (Hint: chapter 14 could be useful) (Stevenson, W. (2018). Operations management (13th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Irwin.) which can be found in: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx9dz8GJLkYpMnRV…
– Citing references as appropriate in each paragraph. *** very important***
– Utilize headings to organize the content in your work.
– The plagiarism percentage allowed is 20% only, i will be checking it using TurnItIn.