This essay is a self-reflection essay on leadership and it should be at least 7 pages long, double spaced. Below are the requirements which needs to be met while writing the essay:
- Reflect on your own current professional leadership philosophy and competencies -what current strengths could you bring to a leadership role?
- As you discuss your philosophy, include examples of good and poor leaders you’ve dealt with and/or worked for to illustrate your own preferred/ valued leadership style.
- Compare your philosophy or beliefs about leadership with the Competing Values Framework (CVF) model (Quinn et al) and the Professional Competency Triangle model (Bowman et al). You may also include another model you have learned about in the course of this program or in other settings, as applicable. How have these models and readings helped you to become more aware and confident about your own leadership potential and how to grow it?
- Given where you are now in your professional career, describe the leadership challenges you are most likely to encounter in your next professional level up (indicate whether first, middle, upper-level) in terms of individual skills side and team skills.
- At this point, based on all you’ve studied and read about leadership, discuss your own belief/opinion about whether leadership skills are ‘natural’ or ‘learned’. Given this perspective, what strategies will you adopt to hone your own leadership skills?
Books mentioned above:
- Achieving Competencies in Public Service, James S. Bowman; Jonathan P. West; Marcia A. Beck; ISBN: 978-0-7656-2348-5
- Becoming a Master Manager, Robert E. Quinn; Lynda S. St. Clair; Sue R. Faerman; Michael P. Thompson; Michael R. McGrath; David Bright; ISBN: 978-1-118-58258-9
I need a paper which focuses on examples rather than description on leadership from different journals. I hope you will include as many examples as possible. Please don’t forget to include the models mentioned above in the paper.