People lives their lives day to day with little consideration of the impact of their actions. This writing project will focus on how reducing this impact can be taken to the extreme, evaluating your personal impact on the environment, and understanding some simple solutions to make things better.
- Life off Grid and can be streamed through USF Kanopy. Follow the link below, and you may have to find USF and then log into USF.https://usf.kanopy.com/video/life-grid (Links to an external site.) Here is the link to the carbon footprint quiz, as some said they couldn’t get into it…https://www3.epa.gov/carbon-footprint-calculator/ (Links to an external site.)
- Calculate your carbon footprint at the Berkeley CoolClimate website
- http://coolclimate.berkeley.edu/calculator (Links to an external site.)
- Use the â€œAdvancedâ€ setting for Travel and Shopping
- Take the Sustainable Synergy, Inc. â€œHow Green Are You?â€ quiz
- Write a combined reaction paper
- How do you feel about what you are seeing in the documentary?
- With what do you agree or disagree?
- Can you identify with anything in the documentary?
- Reflect on what you have watched in the documentary and what you have discovered about your own carbon emissions and eco-footprint.
- The Berkeley CoolClimate website provides you with some ideas on what you can do to reduce your energy usage and carbon footprint below the graph at the end of the quiz.
- Overall, WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED?!?!
- The reaction paper should be your reactions, but must also include:
- A summary of the documentary (identify the key points highlighted in the documentary
- Naming and discussing at least 5 issues raised in the documentary
- A brief discussion of your carbon calculator inputs and results
- Include resulting graphs from carbon footprint calculator at the end of the paper
- Use screenshot
- A brief discussion of your eco-footprint calculator inputs and results
- Your final combined reaction to the documentary and the results of calculating your carbon footprint and the â€œHow Green Are You?â€ quiz
- Include a â€œWorks Citedâ€ page only if you use sources other than the film and two quiz websites
- Use in-text citations for any information obtained from these sources
- Use Author-Date citations (Harvard Method)
- MLA format
- 5-7 pages (Not including image of graph or Works Cited section)
- Times New Roman font
- 1-inch margins
- 12-point font
- No quotations.
- Indent each paragraph
- No extra spacing between paragraphs
- .doc, .docx, or .pdf format
- Paper written as a response paper and not a series of short-answer questions
- Will only accept submissions to Canvas/Turnitin