From the Research Paper in Lesson 4 share the types of countermeasures you discovered.
This defense in depth discussion scenario is an intentional cybersecurity attack on the water utilityâ€™s SCADA system. It occurs during the fall after a dry summer in Fringe City. The water utilityâ€™s Information Technology (IT) person did not receive an expected pay raise and decides to reprogram the SCADA system to shut off the high-lift pumps. The operatorâ€™s familiarity with the SCADA system allows him to reprogram the alarms that typically notify operators of a high-lift pump failure. In addition, he prevents access to the SCADA system by others. A wildfire breaks out on the outskirts of the city. Please identify what type(s) of new countermeasures should have been implemented to prevent this cyber attack from occurring.
Start a discussion thread and discuss what type(s) of new countermeasures should have been implemented to prevent the cyber attack described above from occurring. Be specific in recommending countermeasures for this scenario.
You must do this following:
1) Create a new thread. As indicated above, discuss what type(s) of new countermeasures should have been implemented to prevent the cyber attack described above from occurring. Be specific in recommending countermeasures for this scenario.
2) Select AT LEAST 2 other students’ threads and post substantive comments on those threads. Your comments should extend the conversation started with the thread.
ALL original posts and comments must be substantive. (I’m looking for about a paragraph – not just “I agree.”)
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?