Watch the above video. Once you have done this click on the above link â€œInvisible Hand DBâ€ and create a thread with at least two paragraphs containing the following following:
- Based on how â€œGreedâ€ is portrayed in the video do you believe it can provide benefits to society?
- Give a personal example of something you do for your own best interest that also benefits others. Alternatively, give an example of something you have done that only harmed others. Are both â€œGreedyâ€? Do you see a difference between â€œGreedâ€ and â€œSelf-interestâ€?
- Do you believe love and kindness would produce the same level of output in a society as â€œself-interestâ€? Why or why not?
- Would you consider a business owner attempting to hire workers at a lower wage greedy? What about a worker attempting to get a higher wage from the employer?
- By going to school and getting an education you are likely to significantly raise your income, do you believe such an increase in your income will take income away from others? If yes, than why would you do such a thing? If no, how can one personâ€™s income go up without someone elseâ€™s going down?
- After you post your narrative, reply to at least two other students comments. Explain why you agree, or better yet, find others that take a different position and explain why you disagree.