Do not research the painting, image or the artist. Do not write about the painter or artist.
This primary source or the picture I chose is “Fourth of July Picnic” from the text book “American History” by Alan Brinkley. Please answer the following questions in a min of 275 and a max of 500 words. Type the word count at the end of your last line. Please do not use any outside source unless this book or at least do not copy and paste anything because I will be checked for plagiarism and do not cite any source or take quotes. please use the text I provided if needed.
Answer all of the following questions:
1) Name the primary source you picked and describe in detail explaining what you see
After describing the source you picked answer these questions about the image:
2) What culture, time period and place does it depict? What is the historic setting? What does this source tell us about the time and place in which it was produced?
3) What perspective does the artist portray about the topic?
4) What “story” or “narrative” does the image display about the period after 1815 or the people in it? What was left out? What else would you like to have seen drawn, portrayed or painted?
5) What can we learn about the American experience from the image?
6) How did viewing this source help you understand the time in which the piece was produced? Be specific.
ps: if the picture is not clear, please tell me for it is important to pay attention to details and be able to read the text.