The purpose of this discussion is for you to demonstrate your understanding of the material. Approach your response as though it is a mini essay with complete sentences, distinct paragraphs, and correct spelling and punctuation. Grammar and spelling matter. Online courses demand the same standard of academic communication and use of grammar as face-to-face courses.
Please respond to the following prompts using a minimum of 300 words total:
- Describe something you have learned that is now in your procedural memory. Discuss how you learned this information.
- Create a mnemonic device to help you remember a term or concept from this chapter.
- Watch Joshua Foer’s video on the effectiveness of a memory palace and consider using this strategy to remember something from this chapter. https://www.ted.com/talks/joshua_foer_feats_of_memory_anyone_can_do#t-1205364 (Links to an external site.) https://www.ted.com/talks/joshua_foer_feats_of_mem…
- Whichever mnemonic device you use, explain why you chose this particular one.
- If you were forced to lose one type of memory – sensory, short-term, or long-term – which would you select and why?
In addition, you are expected to provide a supportive and/or reflective comment to the post of one classmate. In order to receive the maximum possible 15 points, you must accurately and thoroughly answer each part of the discussion prompt using at least 300 words (including the prompt in your response is not included in the word count) and comment on the post of one of your classmates.