In your own words, answer this unit’s discussion questions in a main post (recommended minimum 300 words), and respond to at least 2 peersâ€™ postings (recommended minimum 75 words).
After you have reviewed the Assignment Details below, click the Discussion Board link under the My Work heading above to open the Discussion Board and make your post.
Congratulationsâ€”your prior success with troubleshooting and resolving both network-based and cloud-based performance issues has gotten you noticed. The CIO now has the confidence in you to have you help with one remaining issue that is keeping him awake at night. The CIO would like to understand the process for how Transmission control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) communication works, the most common issues that cause problems with it, and how to proactively address those issues.
You will discuss four software or hardware problems that will render two hosts unable to use the TCP/IP to communicate.
Discussion Board Assignment Guidelines
Discuss the following:
- Describe the process of how TCP/IP connection-oriented traffic flows.
- Explain the concerns related to IP address conflicts and how this can affect connection-oriented TCP/IP communication.
- Define the process you would follow to troubleshoot both hardware and software issues with network communication failure.
- Post a new topic to the Discussion Board that contains your answers to the questions above.
- Respond to 2 other students’ posts on the Discussion Board, and critique their answers.
- Use APA references and citations to support your assertions.
- Do not include a table of contents or abstract.