All I need is one paragraph for each discussion and no reference are need.
Week 8 Discussion 1
“Data and Reliability” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, we see the importance of a thorough product evaluation before a product is introduced into the marketplace. Explain how the designers of the product went wrong and how the injuries could have been mitigated.
- Compare and contrast crowdsourcing and user studies as a method of evaluating a product or service. Which method is more effective, and why?
Week 8 Discussion 2
“Evaluation Methods” Please respond to the following:
- One might argue that there is no difference in the outcome when evaluating a product with testers in a living lab than in a natural setting. Compare and contrast a natural settings evaluation environment and a living lab evaluation environment in terms of reliability of the data gathered and behavior of tests. Give an example of each.
- The safety of a product is paramount. Product feedback has to be incorporated into the design for the benefit of the user. Provide cases of designs that must rely on olfactory feedback and those that must rely on haptic feedback for the end user safety. Identify which feedback is more important and why. Give an example of each.
Bottom of Form
Bottom of Form
Week 8 e-Activities
- The design of some products can lead to accidents that can result from how a product was designed. For example, there is a hypothesis that package design increases the risk for burn injuries by affecting container stability. A study by Greenhalgh, Bridges et al. (2006), â€œInstant cup soup: design flaws increase risk of burns,â€ whose abstract, located at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16819351, provides statistical data. Read this article before listening to the NPR article below. Be prepared to discuss.
- Visit or listen to the NPR article, â€œWhy Burn Doctors Hate Instant Soup,â€ at http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/12/05/142634542/why-burn-doctors-hate-instant-soup. Be prepared to discuss.