Download “Population Historical” data from the government website.
- Select the data for each continent and their populations and group together at the top of the spreadsheet. Use only population data from the last 10 years.
- Create an Area Chart in Excel with this data having all continents as data series, and the Years as X-Axis. (1 hour for a, b, c).
Create narratives based on the Excel Area Chartto discuss the following in a minimum of 1,400 words:
- Interpret the historical trend in increase/decrease of population per continent.
- Formulate a prediction on how the population would vary in the next decade. How did you arrive at this conclusion?
- Investigate how Excel creates a forecast. Explain the steps involved.
- Convert your area chart into a line chart in Excel, and add forecasted values. Include a screenshot in your paper.
- Compare the forecasted output that Excel has provided with the conclusions you have arrived at in regards to the trend in the increase/decrease of population.
- Recommend other Excel data analysis properties or chart types that could be used to demonstrate your data findings.