Procedure Posting Routines
- Explain why patients with dual insurance coverage may have a longer time frame for waiting until a balance is completely paid.
- List and describe four common types of problem insurance claims in the medical office.
- Discuss the importance of pursing unpaid insurance claims promptly.
- Explain why a suspended, or pending, claim should be researched before rebilling the claim.
- Explain why problem claims that are caused by errors or improper bililng procedures in the medical office have an effect on future claims.
- List and describe the steps involved in the Medicare appeals process.