You are a security manager for a large company looking to expand into a new market. You are tasked with comparing two metropolitan areas and making a recommendation based on which city has the lower crime rate. Once you collect the data, you are to submit a written report to the management team that will assist in making a decision regarding future expansion. In this assignment, you will be educating the management team on key terms and utilizing data to compare metropolitan crime data.
Utilize FBI Uniform Crime Report data and select one offense, such as burglary, in two metropolitan areas. You can also click on the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGnuu8WhRug to view a tutorial on using the UCR Data Tool (https://ucrdatatool.gov/).
Choose two metropolitan areas with different data.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper comparing the occurrence of the offense in the selected areas. Identify the number of occurrences reported to the police for each area, and address the following questions:
- Define crime, criminality, and criminal justice as it applies to the two metropolitan areas you selected.
- Distinguish between deviant behaviors and criminality that may exist in each city.
- Which area had more reported incidents?
- What were the rates of the crime for each area?
- Did the rates change over time in either area?
- What factors might explain the differences in the rates?
- Which of the two metropolitan areas would you prefer to reside based on your research?
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.