Complete the following three questions using Microsoft Excel. No other submission format is allowed. Review the grading rubric to confirm you are meeting the assignment requirements.
- Calculate variable cost per unit using the high-low method.
- Calculate fixed costs.
|Total||Per Unit||Percent of Sales|
|Sales (40,000 units)||2,400,000||60||100%|
|Variable expenses||1,600,000||40||? %|
|Contribution margin||800,000||? %|
|Net operating income||300,000|
- Calculate variable expense ratio.
- Calculate contribution margin ratio.
- Calculate break even sales in units (show your work).
- Calculate break even sales in Dollars.
- How many units must be sold to make a profit of SAR 200,000.
Management is considering increasing quality of its units by spending SAR 3 more per unit in variable costs and adding a quality inspector for an additional SAR 60,000 annual fixed cost. Management believes this change will increase unit sales by 10% at the same price.
- Calculate the new operating profit or loss.
- Should management make the changes?
|Department cost (SAR)||100,000||150,000||400,000||500,000|
Allocate Janitorial and Cafeteria department costs to mixing and baking departments using the direct method. Use square feet for allocating janitorial costs and number of employees for allocating cafeteria department costs.
You must show all your work.