You will write a Change Management Position Paper 5-6 pages .You will select a large organization, profit or nonprofit, that has recently gone through significant change. You can use the various business journals that are available.
Grading: Use of materials from the course. I expect that your paper will make a number of references to class readings in addition to other source material. The use of supporting data. If you make an assertion such as â€œMorale at the company was at an all-time low,â€ on what do you base this? Or, if you suggest, â€œThis project has had an enormous impact on customer satisfaction,â€ how do you know this to be true? While it is acceptable to occasionally insert some subjectivity into the analysis â€“ be clear to identify what is a subjective opinion and what is based on more objective data sources.
Introduction: Describe the situation, organization, and context for the change?
Analysis: Analyze the approach taken by the change agent(s), and address the following
- the image of the type of change held by the change agent,
- the â€œcultureâ€ of the setting that is changing and the role culture played in the change,
- the extent to which the (envisioned and actual) change was first or second order vs. adaptive or transformational,
- the method(s) for implementing change,
- the vision for the change, and
- how the change was communicate
Overall Evaluation: Evaluate the quality of the change agentâ€™s work based on class readings.
Recommendations: Include recommendations suggesting what steps could have been taken to increase the success of the project.