Case Study: Heartland Breach
Read the article titled, â€œUpdate: Heartland breach shows why compliance is not enoughâ€ located at the following Computerworld link:
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Explain whether you believe adherence of regulations such as PCI are enough to protect a company from these types of breaches and why or why not.
- Give your opinion on whether companies should formulate security controls based on anti-cybercrime techniques, such as end-to-end encryption, or those based purely complying with industry regulations. Provide a rationale with your response.
- Suggest at least three (3) additional security controls and techniques based on the Heartland and similar breaches such as TJX. Provide an explanation for your suggestions.
- Determine the types of monitoring that could be implemented to help quickly identify penetrations and hurdle the â€œpoint-in-timeâ€ security protections that regulations, such as PCI, provides.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment other than the one linked above. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.