Using the career plan model described below create a 700- -word career plan that includes the following:
- Identifies the five year career goal.
- Determine the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA’s) needed for the career goal.
- Evaluate the current KSA’s compared to the needed KSA’s to identify gaps.
- Create your career plan with at least five action steps to get you from where you are to where you want to be in five years.
Career Plan Model
-Identify your Career Goal (5 years out) HR Director
This should be a stretch goal or your dream job. Think big!
-Current Position Facilities Manager
-What KSA’s have you already developed? I have a better understanding of the HR functions thanks to the courses i have been taking, and because i was an HR coordinator in my previous company
-KSA’s For Career Goals
(needed for future career goals)
-Identify the KSA’s Gaps I need a degree and a company that can give me the opportunity to develop my skills and gain experience
(between what you have and what is needed)
– Develop Action plans Finishing school