1. Students will: a. Take the online Crest Career Interest Inventory at: http://www.assessment.com/. b. Take the June/Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory at http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.html. c. Prepare a Resume for Employment as per the enclosed format.
2. Students are at liberty to use other inventories if they desire. Other possible inventories include but are not limited to: Keirsey Temperament Sorter (KTS-II) Assessment tool; the MAPP assessment inventory; the Career Directions Inventory; DISCOVER Inventory: and the SIGI PLUS Inventory. NOTE: make sure the inventory is measuring career interest.
3. Students will provide the printed results of these two tests and their employment resume to a fellow student for assessment, evaluation and development of the Employability Plan. NOTE: A client who is not a fellow student may be accepted with the approval of the course instructor.
4. The printed results of the Career Interest Inventory, the Personality Inventory, the student clients resume and the employment leads section (see below for details) will be the ONLY attachments to this Employability Plan.
5. In addition to the above, the Career Counseling Student will conduct an interview with their Career Counseling Student Client. A one on one personal interview is preferable however, a telephone interview is acceptable. This interview is to gather additional information necessary to produce a comprehensive Employability Plan.
6. The Career Counseling Student will prepare the Employability Plan in according with the format provided below.
7. Assessments will include: 1) strengths and weaknesses of each assessment; 2) compatibility and/or non-compatibility with career goals as per resume and as expressed in the personal interview; 3) any evidence of career indecision and indecisiveness, career maturity and adaptability, and 4) any assessments of career flexibility, motivation, and work values. Each assessment should be between 250 to 350 words, 12-point Times New Roman font, single spaced with paragraphs indented. NOTE: If more than 350 words are necessary the data must be substantive.
8. The Career Counselor student will select two (2) possible occupational choices based on the above assessment. These two occupational recommendations will be selected from the Dictionary of Occupational Titles – http://www.occupationalinfo.org/). Please provide the following for the occupations you have recommended: state the relationship of these two recommended occupations as per your overall assessment
9. See additional instructions for the Employability Plan and the Employability Lead sections in the sample/format below.