For this benchmark assignment, you will be creating a functional behavioral assessment (FBA), implementing interventions based on the FBA, and reflecting upon the results of the FBA interventions.
Note: Part 1 of the Benchmark will be submitted to LoudCloud only. Parts 1 and 2 will be submitted together in Topic 5.
Continuing the work you began in your field experience in Topic 1, observe the student for at least 90 minutes and begin drafting a Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA).
At the beginning of your FBA, submit the following in 250-500-words based on your observations:
- Describe the observed student (age, strengths, needs, interests);
- Describe a target behavior that requires intervention and a rationale for changing the behavior;
- Discuss how the target behavior affects the student, peers, and family;
- Write operational definitions of both the targeted and replacement behaviors that are observable and measurable; and
- Describe the assessment tool you will use to collect the data.
After drafting your FBA, assess the student and compile the data.
From the FBA data, create a table that clearly identifies, by column:
- Target Behavior
- Date/Time/Place of Behavior
- Antecedent to the Behavior
- Consequences of the Behavior
In a 250-500-word narrative, address the following:
- Emerging patterns from your analysis of the data;
- A hypothesis as to why the target behavior is occurring; and
- Detail how data would be collected during the intervention phase including the type of data and the recording method.
Complete an ABC-Iceberg form, that can be downloaded for no cost referenced in this week’s readings. Utilize the information gathered from the UCC and the FBA you started. Submit the compiled UCC, completed ISSI, the beginning draft FBA including table and narrative, and ABC-Iceberg to your instructor.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is/is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Read â€œApplied Behavior Analysis and Autism Spectrum Disorders: Literature Review,â€ by Fernandes and Amato, from CoDAS (2013).
Explore The National Professional Development Center on Autism Spectrum website.