Imagine that you have been hired as a contractor by a local business that has recently purchased new office space for its growing business. Design a network for the local business based on the following information: The business has approximately fifty (50) employees, and the new office space will stretch across the third and fifth floors of a building. The fourth floor is currently occupied by another tenant.
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
1. Suggest the equipment that you would utilize to design and implement a network, based on the scenario. Justify the need for your suggestions.
2. Recommend the strategy that you would use to combat the design challenge of occupying non-adjacent floors. Suggest a solution that includes the cabling / connecting of the two (2) differing office space floors.
3. Determine the primary security concerns regarding the scenario in question. Explain the controls you would implement in order to lessen those concerns.
4. Detail the specifics of your network design through the use of graphical tools in Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
â€¢ Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
â€¢ Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.