Read the following articles from Internet:
- Reger, M. A., & Gahm, G. A. (2009). A meta-analysis of the effects of Internet and computer-based cognitive-behaviour treatments for anxiety. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 65(1), 5375. doi:10.1002/jclp.20536
- Spek, V., Cuijpers, P., Nyklicek, I., Riper, H., Keyzer, J., & Pop, V. (2007). Internet-based cognitive-behavior therapy for symptoms of depression and anxiety: A meta-analysis. Psychological Medicine, 37(3), 219328. doi:10.1017/S0033291706008944
The articles quantitatively summarize the literature examining the treatment effects of Internet or computer-based treatment (ICT) on anxiety.
Review the articles and create a two to three page report in a Microsoft Word document on the efficacy of internet or computer-based treatment on community-dwelling individuals with symptoms of depression.
Your report should include answers to the following:
- How effective is ICT compared to person-to-person therapy?
- How effective is ICT compared to having no therapy?
- Should computer-aided therapy actually be considered a form of therapy even though no therapist is present? Why or why not?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of computer-aided therapy?
The document should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Include an APA formatted cover page in your work.
- The font size used should be 12-point font, Times New Roman or Courier.
- The document should have double spacing.
- The margin should be one inch on all sides.
Support your responses with examples.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format