Read the attached article (you will need to print this out to annotate or can annotate electronically).
Annotate article: “A Defense of Politically Correct Language” by Ellen McGirt (not to be confused with the article you already read “In Defense of Political Correctness”)
- To help with a bit of context, this article was published before our last Presidential election.
You can download the word document: (document down below)
or go to the link: Link (Links to an external site.)
Through annotations clearly identify the following (should clearly show thinking process)
- Identify authorâ€™s main point
- Identify PC language
- Connotative & denotative words/phrases
- any euphemismâ€™s, clichÃ©s, sneer words, double speak?
- your own reactions/questions/comments, etc.
Annotation Rubric (1)
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDescription of criterion
Total Points: 5.0