SLP Assignment Expectations
Higher-Level Thinking/Critical Thinking: Question and Answer
- Based on your quiz results, do you feel you use good critical-thinking strategies? If Yes, explain using examples of why you feel this way. If No, how might you improve as a critical thinker?
- Choose three forms of higher-level thinking from Chapter 4 (pg. 57) that you can employ to use daily. Each form should include 4 or 5 sentences discussing how you can implement it as you progress through your program at Trident. Utilize information from the chapter as well to support your opinion.
- What is critical thinking
- Which of the following are typical characteristics of critical thinkers?
- True or false? The fundamental benefit of critical thinking as presented in the video, â€œCritical Thinking,â€ is that when we teach and encourage critical thinking, we empower individual lives and invest in our collective future.True
- Which of the following questions would you apply to formulating a logical, reasoned perspective?
- Of the following four strategies for evaluating information, which one pertains to marking the text and recording what you are thinking?
â€“ uncovering biases,examining Assumptions,skepticism
- Curious,reflective, ethical
- Define the problem
- Read for understanding using Text coding
- Whatâ€™s happening? Gather the basic information and begin to think of questions.
- Why is it important? Ask yourself why itâ€™s significant and whether or not you agree.
- What donâ€™t I see? Is there anything important missing?
- How do I know? Ask yourself where the information came from and how it was constructed.
- Who is saying it? Whatâ€™s the position of the speaker and what is influencing them?
- What else? What if? What other ideas exist and are there other possibilities?
When you solve a problem with critical thinking, what is the first main step you want to take?
There is a worksheet attached,please fill in.